Tuesday July 18, '17 at 07:30 AM
Teacher: Manju Jois
Manju Jois, Ashtanga Yoga guru of Mysore, South India, is the oldest son of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, recognized worldwide as the foremost authority on Ashtanga Yoga.
Ashtanga Vinyasa Intensive Workshop with Manju Jois in Madrid
July 2017: Tuesday 18, Wednesday 19 & Thursday 20
We are honoured to have Manju Jois, one of the world's most important Ashtanga teachers, to share with us his father's original teaching.
Manju Jois, the oldest son of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, was born on November 16th, 1944. At the young age of 7, Manju was awakened early each day by his father to begin lessons that would forever change the course of his life and the lives of those who would study with him in the years to come. He began his teaching career at the age of 15 with his father and has taught ever since.
His father's teachings
Manju considers it a great honor to be the son of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. “He is my father and my teacher.” Manju has taught the true Mysore Ashtanga method for over 47 years. Spanning 22 countries and 21 states in the US, Manju’s world Ashtanga teaching tour is ever expanding.
Manju incorporates pranayama and Vedic chantings in his classes. Manju teaches in the way of the Ancient Yoga tradition and brings the many benefits of Ashtanga Yoga to his students. He hopes to bring “better concentration and understanding” of Astanga Yoga to his students in a world full of distractions. Manju’s dedication to his life of teaching and practicing yoga has brought the benefits of the ancient tradition of Ashtanga Yoga to many students throughout the world, as he guides each to “Unite with Yourself.”
Schedule July 2017
Tuesday 18 July
- 07:30 - 9:00 Mysore class
- 18:00-20:00 Led primary series (not both)
- 20:00 - 21:00 Workshop opening, Pranayama and Vedic Chanting.
Wednesday 19 July
- 07:30 - 09:00 or 9:00 -10:30 Mysore Style
- 18:00 - 19:30 Guided Class
- 19:30 - 21:00 Talk: Ashtanga Yoga of Pattabhi Jois
Thursday 20 July
- 07:30 - 09:00 or 9:00 - 10:30 Mysore Style
- 18:00 - 19:30 Talk: Mysore Tradition
- 19:30 - 21:00 Final Special Class & Pranayama
- Price of the Intensive: 275 €
- 60 days before date: 245 €
* It is necessary to reserve by prepayment. No refund if cancelation made 21 or less days prior to workshop.