Yoga for Senior Citizens
Course: Yoga for Senior Citizens: Physiology and Psychology for Yoga Teachers
Dates: T.o be announced
Where:To be announced.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at Yoga Teachers teach elderly students. Yoga is a form of exercise that can be tailored to the needs and abilities of each person regardless of their age and physical condition because of its wide range of practice: mild, with stretching, with aids, with relaxation ...offering a solution for almost any need. You just need to know the limitations and best practices for each case.
Objective of the Course
- Study of the fundamental aspects of the later stages of life.
- Most common problems presented by elderly students.
- How to select the appropriate postures and how to properly use supports, aids, adaptations etc .
- How to identify the limitations of the student while performing the postures.
- Learn the specific adaptations for each limitation.
- Contra-indications (why should not perform a particular position).
- Adjustments, substitutions or aids to use in classes.
Yoga is important for all people, it helps to listen to your body and pay attention to its limits. The postures are tailored to the student. Learn to help your student understand where each posture starts their personal point of comfort. The adapted postures are a way of taking care of the body at this stage of life and offer a way to keep fit and free of injury.
- How to teach a seniors class.
- The first class, and the approach to physical and mental condition of the class.
- Class structure and design.
- Breathing techniques.
- Warm, suitable positions, personalization, understanding the conditions that are in the classroom.
- Teaching guide: Rhythm of the class, vocabulary, humor, repetition of instructions.
- Relaxation and visualization.
- The psychological state of the couple, their fitness to their lives and development.
The course will be directed by the following senior trainers.
Payment in full
If you wish to reserve a place please send the deposit amount early. The deposit is not refundable.
To take advantage of the favourable prices, full payment must be received before the cut off date.
Amounts can be paid by cash, money order, credit card or bank transfer to:
Yoga Center, S.L.
Account number: 2100 1417 16 0200283014
Note: On the bank transfer you must indicate your name and the course that you are taking.
To Register Now for the Course
You can download a registration form pdf. After printing it out you can fill it in and then mail it in or fax it to 911850398 with your deposit to reserve your place on the course.
Certification is obtained after passing the theoretical and practical assessments, resulting in a Practice of Hatha Yoga Teacher diploma.
Students may choose to resit the exams at one of the AIPYS centers, if necessary to complete their diploma requirements.
In the case of not passing the exams, a Certificate of Attendance will be awarded.
We reserve the right to make changes to any of the above without further notice.