One of the essential tasks for living a wise life is letting go.
Program: Mindfulness Stress Reduction Program
Dates: Programs begin each month except July and August
Where: 'Yoga Center' Madrid
Program starting times: Either at: 10:00 or 16:00 or 19:00
Who is this program for?
This program is for those who want to learn to reduce their stress and improve their general health and wellbeing.
Objectives of the Program
Our experience, gathered over two decades of teaching mindfullness stress reduction, indicates that the majority of those who complete the program report:
- Lasting reduction in physical and psychological symptoms
- An greater ability to relax
- Lower pain levels and an improved ability to deal with pain that may not go away
- Increased energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
- A mechanism to better cope with both short and long-term stressful situations.
The Course Includes
The mindfulness Stress Reduction Program consists of 8 sessions of 3 hours each once a week and one day-long class on a Saturday or Sunday. Morning, afternoon or evening courses are available. The course is highly participatory and practical. It includes:
- Instruction in Mindfulness Meditation
- Breathing Techniques
- stretching Exercises and gentle Yoga
- Relaxation Techniques
- Group discussion to develop mindfulness in daily life
- Home Practice
The course is life-affirming while being challenging. The instructors are experienced and practiced at creating a supportive, and deeply rewarding learning environment.
The relaxation and reduction of stress that are claimed to result from meditation may have prophylactic and therapeutic health benefits. Many research papers claim to show this.
The Mindfulness Stress Reduction Program has helped people complaining of a variety of conditions and concerns:
- Stress—including school, work, family, illness, aging, grief, financial, feeling “out of control” and uncertainty about the future.
- Medical conditions—including high blood pressure, chronic illness or pain, fibromyalgia, skin disorders, asthma, and many other conditions.
- Psychological distress—including fatigue, anxiety, panic, sleep disturbances and depression.
- Prevention and Wellness—including wellness and health improvement, focused on learning and prevention and “how” to take good care of yourself and feel a greater sense of balance.
Programs Start monthly from September to May:
Choice of Program times:
- 10:00 - 13:00 or
- 16:00 - 19:00 or
- 19:00 - 22:00
To reserve your place on one of the programs contact Mabel or Luz to find out when you can start.
We also offer our mindfulness course during one week in August at the famous HotelSpa**** Balneario Mondariz.
You can find out more about Yoga Center Madrid here.
The course will be directed by the following senior trainers.
- Total: 540 € • (Registration Deposit + Course)
Registration Deposit: 75 € • (deposit not refundable) + Course: 465 €
If you wish to reserve a place please send the deposit amount early. The deposit is not refundable.
Amounts can be paid by cash, money order, credit card or bank transfer to:
Yoga Center, S.L.
Account number: 2100 1417 16 0200283014
Note: On the bank transfer you must indicate your name and the course that you are taking.
To Register Now for the Course
You can download a registration form pdf. After printing it out you can fill it in and then mail it in or fax it to 911850398 with your deposit to reserve your place on the course.
Certification of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to those who complete the whole program.
- "Full Catastrophe Living” by Jon Kabat Zinn
Visit my site for private sessions.
We reserve the right to make changes to any of the above without further notice.