Until lions have their historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
My views about change
If you asked to see me as a psychotherapist, to enter a helping relationship with me, I’d want you to know something about how we would collaborate. I’d want to make sure that there was a good fit between us. I’d want you to start to feel that you could make the changes you were looking for.
The lion of change
I believe that you are the real lion of change, that you will become the historian of your change process. You have the wisdom and courage to overcome the problems that concern you.
What We have Learned
Here is what the science of Psychology has learned about change:
- Change does not come from the doctor or therapist or method used; there are no miracle cures or gurus.
- Change occurs when you use your inner resources and strengths and when you are supported by relationships that acknowledge your innate goodness.
- Change happens when you create a personal plan for change that inspires you to action.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
Change is inevitable
In reality, change is inevitable and it comes about through the mobilization of your abilities and strengths. Clinical research has concluded that the engine of change is you. The number of therapy models has grown from sixty to more than four hundred since the 1960’s. Research has not found any theory, model or technique to be reliably better than any other – they all work about equally well. Change is more about the person than about the treatment.
What doesn't work
Here is what we have learned doesn’t work:
- Assuming that you are sick, flawed or broken – it only predisposes you to failure.
- Making every challenge and human struggle into a medical disorder that now requires treatment on a large scale.
- Teaching you that you are a victim of genetics or a chemical imbalance.
Harness Your Strengths
My focus is on enabling you or your organisation to understand, realise and harness your strengths. Psychotherapy uses palliative or curative techniques upon any mental, emotional or behavioral distress.
Visit my site
To schedule an appointment in my Yoga Center office call 91 575 1913 or send me an E-mail (email@example.com).