Teacher Training Curriculum
The course of study consists of a set of courses that allow you to achieve various degrees of training in the major forms of Yoga.
Each level of training you reach provides the necessary improvement of your personal practice and your teaching skills.
Our courses bring you closer to the sources of the Eastern tradition. You will have a personal growth experience, a basic foundation of the practices, and the necessary pedagogy. You will be introduced to the philosophy of Yoga, its terms and basic vocabulary in Sanskrit**.
The First Course "Instructor" is completed once you successfully finish a Level I or II training.
The Second Course "Teacher" is completed once you successfully finish a Level III or IV training.
The Third Course "Postgrad" .
These Levels relate to each of the Yoga styles and training courses that you can take, either as an intensive residential course or throughout the year.
For our course dates and details refer to our Courses Calendar
Basic Structure of the Courses
- Practice: The practice and teaching of postures (asanas) to reach the course requirement.
- Pedagogy: How to plan and direct classes; how to correct and adjust postures; how to introduce adaptations and alternative postures as necessary; how to teach breathing techniques and relaxation.
- Anatomy: Basic knowledge of body anatomy and physiology applied to Yoga postures.
- Sacred Texts**: Study of the principal texts of the classical tradition of Yoga and their interpretation.
- Hindu Tradition**: The historical development of the cultural and spiritual traditions of Yoga.
Our system is designed to allow students to plan their training times in accord with their agendas. Our teachers respond to individual student needs on site or at a distance over our internet course forums.
Certification is obtained after successfully completing the theoretical and practical tests which are given throughout each course.
All our courses are recognized and accredited by the International Association of Yoga Teachers Sananda (AIPYS) , keeping the standards and criteria established by the international yoga community. p>
Register with Yoga Alliance
Graduates of our RYS approved Yoga Teacher Training Courses can now apply for their RYT online at Yoga Alliance