Touring Spiritual India
Our Yoga tours of Spiritual India are a unique opportunity to experience the fascinating culture of sacred India.
Temples and Ashrams
Visit the most famous temples, with their wealth and ceremonial ritual. Know the ashrams (communities of Yoga) where they have lived and taught their masters teachings. Sharing knowledge with the great gurus.
Sadhus and Holy Rivers
Practice Yoga and meditation, discover the Himalayas and their Sadhus. Bathe in the sacred rivers such as the Ganges. Enjoy the tradition and beauty of dance, discover India's monuments and art.
Beaches and Canals
Experience the energy, color and vigor of the people. Enjoy India's beautiful beaches, canals, tea plantations and national parks. Visit ancient cities that house millennial wisdom. Encounter a profound civilization that will enrich your life.
Here is an itinerary that we have used on our previous visits to important temples, sacred places and ashrams in South India. We announce our trips during the year and adjust our itinerary according to current conditions. If you wish to be advised ofour upcoming trips just let us know of your interest and we will keep you informed.
- Day 1 - India-Madras.
- Day 2 - Madras. Visit to the city, to the Theosophical Society in Adyar and to the birthplace of Krishnamurti.
- Day 3 - Madras-Mahabhalipuran-Kanchpuram. Visit Mahabhalipuran, temples in Kanchi and the revered Sankaracharyas of India. This place is also known for its quality silks.
- Day 4 - Kanchipuram-Tiruvanamalai-Pondichery. Visit and meditation in the ashram of Ramana Maharshi in Tiruvanamalai and temple. Visit and meditation of the famous Aurobindo Ashram, city tour and Auroville.
- Day 5 - Trichy-Pondicherry-Chidambaram. Visit the famous temple dedicated to Shiva in Chidambaram and Trichy where you can admire from a hill the city and a temple dedicated to Ganesha.
- Day 6 - Trichy-Tanjore-Madurai. Srirangam temple. We stop to visit the temple in Tanjore which is considered world heritage site. A visit tothe unique museum of bronzes.
- Day 7 - Madurai. Visit the city and its famous Menakshi temple.
- Day 8 - Madurai-Kanya Kumari. Kanya Kumari or Cape Comorin is the meeting point of the Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal. A beautiful place, where we will take a scenic ferry that will take us to a memorial dedicated to Swami Vivekananda. Visit the school where Vedic Brahmin children are trained in traditional chants.
- Day 9, 10 and 11
- Kanya Kumari-Kovalam Beach. Stay at the world famous beach of Kovalam visiting Trivandrum. Dance, martial arts display and Hindu Kalaripayet. Possibility to arrange an authentic Ayurvedic massage.
- Day 12 Kovalam-Cochin-Allepey. Cruises along the famous canals or "Backwaters" of Kerala. In Cochin we visit the oldest Jewish Synagogue, the spice market, the Church of Sta Cruz, S. Francisco, the peculiar Chinese fishing nets, etc..
- Day 13, 14 and 15 Cochin-Mysore. City of perfumes and silk, city tour, Chanmundeswari hills, visit Pattabhi Jois of Ashtanga Yoga fame, lunch at the Palace with the Maharajah of Mysore.
- Day 16 Mysore-Halebid-Belur-Sravanabelagola. Famous temples and Jain temple.
- Day 17 Hassan-Bangalore.
- Day 18 Bangalore, Puttaparthi. Visit Ashram of Sai Baba.
- Day 19 Bangalore-Bombay-Spain.
You may also be interested in:
Our residential courses in Germany: Alemania
Our residential courses in Mondariz-Balneario: Mondariz-Balneario